Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 05, 2005

How did they vote?

Just finished a series of meetings and now having some downtime before resuming marking (if I can drag myself away from msn messenger that is...).

Anyway, I was cruising the BBC news site when I came across this snippet:

Labour leader Mr Blair cast his vote, along with his wife Cherie and two sons Euan and Nicky, at the Trimdon Colliery Community Centre in his Sedgefield constituency.
Now I would bet that Cherie voted for her husband, she knows he needs the job to keep up repayments on their mortgage. However what about the boys? Have they rebelled against their parents? I don't think that I am wrong in thinking that at their age it is not unusual for children to develop different political ideologies than their parents. Perhaps they are sick of having the family home at No. 10 Downing Street, which is hardly the easiest place to come and go from.

It would be interesting to know.

No comments: