Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Friday, May 06, 2005

Live Blogging the Election...

... would be an incredibly dull thing to do. I feel that at some time around 3 in the morning I would have lost the will to live.

At the moment Labour has 5 seats to zero for everyone else. However the seats so far reported were all safe Labour seats and the notable fact is that there have been severe cuts in their majorities: between 4 and 9% down and tending towards the higher end. But the 'experts' have suggested that this could result in a large swing away from Labour. I don't see it myself, but then I'm not an expert. Well, we will see.

We have just been told that this is a drama and the tension is building. My arse! No tension here, just increasing boredom as we wait out the results that are incredibly slowly trickling in.

Also it seems turnout is up, but nowhere near the 70% we used to have. When that was is not clear to me.

I may blog again. Or I may just go to bed and read the result in the morning. Hmmm, think that is much more likely.

2 comments:

David said...

I tried to watch it, I really did, but Sunderland's race to be the first to return a count for the fourth year running, and to beat their previous time, was too much for me to take from the outset.

I'd much rather they took their time and counted everything carefully; the fact that it has been turned into a competition drives me slightly up the wall. Even willing the Sixth Form students to drop the ballot boxes they were delivering and send the voting slips flying off in the wind didn't help.

Kav said...

That pissed me off, also. Your views about it seem to reflect my own.