Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Deep Throat

So Deep Throat is revealed and Pat Buchanan has called him a traitor. You have to have the feeling that the guy must have done something right if Pat thinks he is a traitor.

But now the conspiracy theorists can have more fun...


UPDATE:

It appear that Pat did not call Deep Throat a traitor. In fact in that Hardblogger post he goes out of his way to not call him traitor. I am very confused because I definitely heard Pat Buchanon calling Deep Throat a traitor on the radio, was it perhaps from an interview long ago when we did not know who it was?

Anyway, on the face of it, I apologise to Mr. Buchanon for misrepresenting his views in this post.

2 comments:

ebird said...

I don't care much for Pat Buchanon's views, but I wonder if Felt was ashamed.

I like the observations in the last paragraph by Andrea Mitchell, NBC News Correspondent. I've read similar analysis in the past. The Nixon administration was so paranoid it was dangerous.

But it was a sad time in our nation's history. Sad to see such corruption at the top, but sad to see him disgraced too. I barely remember it; I was around 10 yrs old.

Kav said...

I'm sure Felt was ashamed. He may have disliked what was going on but he still probably thought it was somewhat distasteful to do it the way he did. Pat can say that he should have resigned and made some sort of stink but then who knows what might have happened? Nixon might have wriggled off the hook and Felt would not have been in a position to do anything about it. Of course Pat might like that idea being a Nixon loyalist.

I misquoted Pat, but he is still a complete arse.