Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Friday, June 03, 2005

Hubris has tagged and so I respond...


Courtesy of prairie biker, via Hubris...

1) What is the nastiest thing you've ever eaten?

Hmm, tricky to avoid an answer involving scathing remarks about my ex-girlfriend. Ah, I know brown cheese from Norway. Seriously, it looks like shrink wrapped shit!


2) What is one food that you ate when a kid that you absolutely refuse to now, since you're on your own and don't have to?

I too was a picky eater as a child, but will now eat lots of things that I would never have touched then. I even like semolina and porridge (not together). Ah, I've thought of one! Fig biscuits. And prunes! But that would be two so we'll stick with fig biscuits.

3. Have you ever eaten an endangered critter? If not, what was the best thing you've ever eaten (and I sure hope nobody answers 'April Guthrie' here)?
Sadly no. I have a friend who tried whale in Norway (step forward Ade); however I have a rule about eating things that are likely to be more intelligent than half of the people I went to school with. Best thing is a tricky one and is likely to change depending on when you asked me, but since I have mentioned Norway, the best thing has to be the first time I had reindeer. Fantastic. Yes children, Uncle Kav has eaten Rudolph. :-)

4. What food can you never get enough of?
Curry. Whether a bhuna, rogan josh, jalfrezi or a korma, just keep loading my plate with curry. Ooh baby, keep it coming and put the toilet paper in the freezer. Yeah! :-)
Oh and also crispy aromatic duck. Two years in Colorado and we couldn't find a restaurant who could do it properly. Bizarre. There is clearly a difference between American Chinese and British Chinese cuisine.

5. Have you ever eaten any critter's testicles? Why?
Not on purpose. I've just never been in the mood.
"Horse balls, dear?"
"Not now, love, I've got a headache"

6. Who is the better cook, your significant other or your mom?
No hesitation, my wife is the better cook; she is a fantastic cook (not bad myself). My mum was not as bad a cook as she thought she was, her roast potatoes were to die for (and some did considering the amount of lard that was used). Sadly, she had been persuaded at an early age by her mother that she could not cook and it stuck. My view is that I would never have turned into such a food loving lardy bastard if the stuff I got as a child wasn't half decent. :-)
And on that bombshell I shall now tag
Shinobi and Ade.
I was going to tag David, but he doesn't do memes; and we could have waited an eternity for a response from Hrun.

5 comments:

hubris said...

Dude, I am so using "fig biscuit" as the pet name for the next female genitalia I run into. Transatlantic information exchange is a wonderful thing.

Frank L. said...

Ah, curry! I love the the stuff! The hotter the better! With garlic naan. Which reminds me that my 18 year old son has never had Indian cuisine--I am obviously a very negligent father. I think I drag him out to Yasmeen's tonight!

hrun said...

Hey, no fair. Calling me slow in front of everybody... but then, why should you be any different than all the other teachers or professors I came across in my life.

Ade said...

Done

Kav said...

Well, Hrun, perhaps if you put more effort into your work you would get more praise. If so many of us are saying the same thing perhaps the fault lies with you... ;-)

Seriously, man, when are you going to update your blog?