Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Non-moronic student

Saw some work from one of my MSc students today. Very impressive though flawed enough for me to put on my lecturers voice and point out where it could be improved.

If only the others did as well as this one. She has managed to perform without my constant attention and has even showed impressive initiative. I am very happy.

On the flip side, I have a feeling that I am about to run into a whole heap of trouble with one of the students who is on an industrial placement. I think he has been a bit overeager in showing some of his preliminary work to the supporting business before it was properly prepared. I tried to suggest alternative ideas but he is desperate to get ahead. I just hope this doesn't come and bite me in the arse and that our contact person is kindly, patient and understanding

The joys of teaching subjects that are not within your sphere of expertise!

No comments: