Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

get back to work!

It's been a while since I last mentioned the visitor statistics for my weblog but the recent spike in activity has prompted me.
I am currently averaging about 20 hits per day but on the 5th July my numbers skyrocketed to close to 100 in a single day.



What caused this??? Did the lovely Professor Reynolds give me an Instalanche? No. Most of my hits came via the blogger home page.
Why was I on the blogger homepage? Well I reason that my blog was one of the very few that was marked as recently updated since virtually no one in the USA was blogging on the preceding day. Therefore on the morning of the 5th everyone saw my blog as being the only thing that had been recently updated and so the hits began.

I know that David finds it amusing that I occasionally talk about my stats. He thinks that I am slowly joining the dark side of blogging. However, to forestall any potential comments: I shall not be posting pictures of cats. It just isn't me. Though my wife thinks that I need more pictures on here and so Sheep Blogging may soon return...

And to all those people who vistied the Real World I have a message: thanks for the traffic, now get on with some work, slackers! ;-)

No comments: