Labels

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Join Him!

I just finished reading a book by Danny Wallace called:

Join Me
The true story of a man who started a cult by accident

I highly recommend reading this book. Not only is it highly amusing and entertaining but it also charts a quite incredible journey of one man's obsession to honour the memory of a dead relative and descibes his own awakening along the way.

I won't divulge too much more information except to say that you can check out the related website at www.joinme.info

4 comments:

hrun said...

What gives, Kav? Are you trying to make up for your lack of blogging in the past weeks in just one day? Not that I'm complaining, it's just that you make me look bad in comparison. :)

Anonymous said...

I know this probably makes me sound like a certifiably insane madman, but how cool would it be to be the leader of a cult ?! And, where can you apply for that job ?

J.D.

Kav said...

J.D. Just do what Danny Wallace did. He put a small advert in a London paper (called Loot) saying 'Join Me'. And asked them to send a passport sized photograph. That's where it all began...

David said...

I caught Wallace's "How to Start Your Own Country" show halfway-through on Wednesday night -- very funny indeed, will be trying to remember to watch the rest of the series (subject to the scheduling of Lost).