Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Norwegian Star Field


Tonight has been very clear but with little aurora. It has given me the chance to take some snaps of the stars. I need to improve my shots and spend a little more time getting the correct camera angle but this is not bad for a first attempt. It was taken with a 15 second exposure and an aperture of f2.8 using a Canon PowerShot S45. I have photoshopped it a little by enhancing the contrast and reducing the brightness, compensating for some contamination from the radar site down the road. Overall I am quite pleased with it.

However, whilst I was saying hello to the brass monkeys, I heard some rustling in the undergrowth. I immediately took a shot at short exposure and with the flash in the direction of the noise. At first I didn't see anything, but then I noticed the two light to the top, left of centre. Eyes perhaps? But of what?

No comments: