Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Word verification

Hi folks,

due to increasing comment spam I have turned word verification on in the comments. Just do as it says and comment as before. If anyone thinks this is a major pain and ends up stopping them from profferring their opinions than let me know and I'll turn it off and you can live with the spam that I fail to delete :-)

Update: give me feedback in comments if you can but if your problem is in image recognition or some inability to leave a comment under this sytsem then drop me an email at ajk6_at_yahoo_dot_com - you work it out ;-)

6 comments:

hrun said...

I found myslef in the same situation. Currently I still obsessively click on my own blog in any spare second I can find, so I can still keep up with the spam. But I may in the future use the 'word verification' feature myself.

David said...

Be aware that this "solution" has accessibility issues for people who cannot see, or have difficulty reading, the images. It's up to you whether it bothers you to (potentially) alienate these (potential) (and possibly potent) commenters.

Kav said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...

Yes the way to reduce spam is to publish your email address in plain text! ;)

Kav said...

yeah, that was dumb :-)

but then it isn't my 'real' email address anyway. A select few have that and no more ;-)

But I do check this and even though it is bursting with spam perhaps adding more was not a good plan...

David said...

Oh yeah, that's right, your real address is...

Naw, I'm not that cruel. ;)