Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Hi folks, I am still up in Norway and will be for some days yet. I have been busy with my other blog (work stuff) and so have not posted much here for a few days. It feels as if I have been cheating on you and since I'm not splashing out on flowers and chocolates just to have them rightfully thrown back in my face by you all I bring you something better:


The Return of Aurora Blogging

For the past couple of days it has been very grey and wet but a few nights ago it was pretty clear. It had started off cloudy but my colleague and I were surprised to see incredibly bright aurora behind the clouds,really lighting the sky up. Mercifully it then cleared and we saw a great display, though nowhere near as bright as the previous must have been. The photos I shot come nowhere near capturing the magnificance of the slowly dancing and undulating northern lights. Once again, it made me wish for a more powerful camera. However my little Canon S45 did not do too bad on the maximum 15 second exposure. Enjoy!

2 comments:

hubris said...

Awesome pics, Kav. That's pretty amazing.

prairie biker said...

beautiful pics.