Labels

Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

Children in Need charity drive


Tonight, here in the UK, there is the 'Children in Need' appeal. Children in Need is the BBC sponsored charity. It is a worthy cause and I encourage you to donate.

However, I am not going to be pushing you for money here. Oh, no. Here it is me that will be handing over the cash. In a mirror of David's valiant efforts for Comic Relief, for the whole of today I pledge to donate £1 per comment to this post. So drop in and throw me some comments. Tell your friends and you can impoverish me in a communal spirit.

There is an undisclosed upper-limit since I am not made of money and I will ignore obviously crap multiple postings (i.e. same post twice, single word posts that form a sentence, that sort of thing).

Update: First comment, already I owe £1! Oh and Ade, I'm not that generous ;-)

Update2: I have changed the time on this so that it will stay on top for the day in case I publish anything else. Speaking of which.

Final Update: Thank you to those of you who supported this. In the end I got 10 comments from about 7 people. That translates to £10. Since this wasn't that much in the great scheme of things I decided to up the amount per comment to £10 and I have donated it already.

12 comments:

Ade said...

I wonder, Kav, are you generous enough to post comments to your own blog? ;)

srh said...

He won't have time to reply, he'll be busy threatening students while dressed as Pudsey Bear :)

Ade said...

You're not that generous? Well in that case, I'll do it for you :) (or does this count as a "crap multiple posting"?)

Kav said...

srh, have you got a webcam linke dup in my office?

Ade I shall worry about crap multiple postings if it all gets too ridiculous. I am safe in the knowledge that that is unlikely .

Lisa said...

You'll be surprised how many people I could contact to say nice things on your website..in the name of charity of course...
(P.S. I though the pudsey bear outfit was only for 'special' weekends?!)

Jonny said...

Did I hear right? You're going to pound one kid per comment? :-)

Kav said...

Lisa, I have a ceiling, until I reach that the more the merrier :-)
I though the pudsey bear outfit was only for 'special' weekends?!

you love it don't you ;-P

Jonny, sounds appealing, depending on your definition of pound...

upto £7, that's about £5 more than I thought ;-)

prairie biker said...

Cheers then and good on ya!

Shinobi said...

Mwuhahahahaha I'm so costing you $2.50 right now.

hubris said...

This comment still counts because of the crazy time-zone thing, right? By my calculations, there's, like, three days difference between Florida and England.

Anonymous said...

Too late for me to spend a pound of Kav's money ?

J.D.

David said...

Damn, missed it! Still, good on ya Kav. :)