Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2006

Announcing my non-candidacy

David from Fuddland visited my wife and I at the weekend. It was fun, we drank beer, wine and they drank whisky. In amongst the conversation we discussed politics and I came to the startling realization that I might just like to go into politics. Shortly thereafter I came to another startling realization: I will never enter politics. Basically, I could find no home in any mainstream party for my disparate views and the idea of being a lone voice in limbo is somewhat soul destroying. In addition modern politics does not just involve the politician, it also involves the politician's family and quite frankly I would not like to place my wife in the public eye if she did not choose that.

So all in all the UK is safe from me trying to become dictator-for-life. But you know what, UK? You have no idea what you are missing...

ps. oh yes, and no one in their right mind would vote for me. :-)

No comments: