Labels

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Present

Since I am a fool and a glutton for punishment I am about to go for a lecturing job that has opened up here in the group. Although I am happy doing my research at the moment I have to look to the future and that means trying to secure a permanent position instead of contract work, no matter that I was on an effectively open-ended contract for all intents and purposes.

Although my boss would like me to get the job I know that I am not a shoe-in as we have other strong candidates applying. That said it hasn't stopped others from talking about it as if it were my job already. In fact one of my colleagues got me a present today in anticipation of my getting the job. He thought it would be useful knowing the way that the departments treats its academic staff.

It is a large tube of KY jelly.








Maybe I don't want this job quite as much as I thought I did...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least they are caring enough to lube you up before cornholing you :-)

JD