Labels

Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Beautiful days...

We had some cracking weather up here in the North of England last week. I took the opportunity to grab my camera and take it with me on the way into work. Unfortunately I had completely failed to capture the swathes of snowdrops in the graveyard that I had seen a month or so back, and this time I just missed the daffodils that had replaced them. I did get some nice shots of some of our neighbours, though.

Just near the old silk mill around the corner there is a pen that used to contain geese. These things always hissed at me without fail and then last year they disappeared, possibly in the run-up to Christmas...

Anyway, now they have been replaced, originally by four geese but now it seems they are back down to two. In addition there are a collection of five brown, horned sheep (I don't know the exact variety). So far neither they nor the new geese have hissed at me.


More pictures to come...

1 comment:

The Holywriter said...

I would enjoy sitting on that green hill.