Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Newer post than the last...

I'm staring at the old blog page and wondering 'what do I write about?'

There is plenty of material out there, be it serious or funny, but none of it inspires me.

I am bored with American politics. It was bound to happen, I have been back in the UK since September 2004 and with each passing month the relevance to my life is less and less. This is coupled to a growing feeling of despair and disgust when I see and hear the constant bashing of both left and right in the states, though I acknowledge that I am no paragon of virtue.

It is only going to get worse, I think. So from now on, I just don't care. I don't care what happened, what might happen, what didn't happen and what people think ought to have happened. I don't care. I am going to try not to get upset when I read bloggers who misrepresent and dissemble, of course this means that I should probably stop reading several of the blogs in my blogroll. :-)

On the flip side, I may get more interested in UK politics. There is certainly plenty here to get my teeth into and lets face it, it is of direct relevance to my daily life. Besides, spring is here and there are lots of nice things to photograph and blog about that aren't going to paint me as a religious anti-bushite or a warmongering chickenhawk. :-)

3 comments:

The Holywriter said...

Yeah, the left/right battles get really old fast.

Averroes said...

Typical for a religius antiBushite!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Heck, i watch C-SPAN (right now i am watching a House committee meating on CAFE standards to reduce oil use in the US), but nothing is quite so fascinating, so theatrical, as the Prime minister's questions.

Kav said...

Lol.

I actuatlly didn't mean you :-)
Which reminds me, I am sure I owe you an email, must get to it soon.