Labels

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Holiday Guilt

Em and I are currently on holiday. Both of us are feeling guilty at having taken time off from work, even though we are owed this time and it is ours to take. It's crazy but I think that many, particularly in academia, experience this. I notice that many people we know in our field tend to accumulate days and days of holiday without ever taking it. One guy we knew whilst working in Boulder had accrued a year's worth of holiday which he was then giving away to others to avoid losing the extra time (a good scheme if you can get it).

Anyway, I am going to attempt to put my guilt behind me (as indeed is Em). Tomorrow morning we fly out to the north east coast of spain on the Costa Brava; not far from the Pyrenees. For eight days I shall enjoy sun and swimming and reading and maybe a little writing. I am not going to worry about work in any way shape or form and this will be helped through zero email access.

Hasta la vista, baby.

No comments: