Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Aurora watching


Well, my short trip to Norway to try and catch some aurora has come up trumps. I arrived yesterday and we saw a few faint green arcs through some patchy cloud, but tonight, the skies are clear, and there's quite a show on outside! Here's a picture I took about 30 minutes ago......

[I nearly forgot to mention the two pairs of trousers required to take this shot - the thermometer currently has the outside temperature running at a cool -9.8C, I realise I'm being wimpish but it's still blooming freezing out there!!]

A very nice present for my 30th birthday tomorrow, how Kav pulled this one off I'll never know!!

2 comments:

srh said...

Happy Birthday Em!
Have you got a reindeer birthday cake?
xx

Em said...

No reindeer cake unfortunately (unless you count last nights rather tasty reindeer stroganoff!) :-)