Blog Archive

Labels

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More to come [UPDATED]

[UPDATE I have been made aware of an excellent rebuttal to Prof. Mason's remarks as reported on the BBC website. More strength to Prof. Peach's arm.]

Sorry things have been quiet here, I have been trying to get work done that has necessitated using my 'free time'. This is not unusual for a science researcher.

Anyway, yesterday, myself and a number of esteemed colleagues from the solar-terrestrial physics community had a business meeting that included a Q and A session with Richard Wade, Keith Mason's number 2.

It was... interesting

Of course there was also the first evidence session in the inquiry into the crisis surrounding STFC funding.

I will hopefully pass on some of my thoughts on these topics very soon.

In the meantime I will link to this article at the BBC website where it is reported that:

The chief executive of the Science and Technology Facilities Council claims the likely fallout from its spending settlement has been exaggerated.
So we have been exaggerating.
I think this clearly adds to the growing mound of evidence that supports the thesis that Keith Mason is full of sh*t.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed the brown stuff seems to be oozing now!
At Daresbury, we've already given the BBC journalist a (friendly) mauling over this article. The media war continues. Watch this space ;)